What's Content Marketing
Content marketing is a form of marketing that focuses on creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online. It is often used by businesses in order to:
- Attract attention to generate leads.
- Expand customer base.
- Generate or increase online sales.
- Increase brand awareness of credibility.
- Engage online community of users.
When businesses pursue content marketing, the main focus should be the needs of the prospect or customer.
Why Content Marketing
Perhaps more important than understand what content marketing is, is understanding why content marketing is important to your business. First we need to understand the four steps of the buying cycle:
- Awareness. Prior to awareness a customer may have a need, but they are not aware there is a solution.
- Research. Once a customer is aware there is a solution, they will perform research to educate themselves. For example, a car buyer will try to find out what different types of cars exist, and which one will fit their needs.
- Consideration. At this point the customer starts comparing different products from different vendors to make sure they’re getting a high quality product at a fair price.
- Buy. Finally, the customer makes their decision and moves forward with the transaction.
Traditional advertising and marketing is great when it comes to the second two steps. Content marketing taps into the first two stages of the buying process by raising awareness of solutions and educating consumers about a product they may have never considered before.
Got 30 Seconds?
30 seconds or maybe less is all it takes to fill up the form on the below in order for us to help you evaluate whether content marketing is right for your business.